Sunday, May 03, 2009

Tehran From Google Maps Satellite

Although it makes me slightly nervous to have Iran be mapped out on google like this, it is still cool to catch a glimpse from above.

The journalist Ali Mosleh has take a few screen shots that I am using here with his permission. I hope you enjoy them.

The Azadi Stadium. This is where some of the recent humiliating soccer games have taken place:



This is the famous Azadi Memorial Tower:



Tajrish square, a well-known area with an old-school market place:



One of the busy expressways, at a moment where there is not too much traffic:



The newly unveiled Milad Tower:




Jomhouri Square:



Tohid Square:



Mehrabad Airport, formerly the main international airport in Tehran, now for domestic flights:



Some of my favorite parts of Tehran are its numerous, expansive parks, so green and full of fountains. If I get a chance I may take some screen shots of those for you.