Sunday, November 26, 2006

I am back from Iran, where I was lucky enough to visit nearly a dozen towns and cities in five provinces. During the end of my trip, a very close member of the family fell ill and has subsequently passed away. For this reason, I haven't really been able to or felt like sitting down and thinking through the many things I saw and experienced.

I do want to say that I have a new favorite Iranian city: Yazd. It is unlike any place I have ever lived or visited, with inhabitants who are just about the most hard-working, honest, and friendly people you could wish to meet. And my stomach is grumbling as I type, just thinking about all the sweets Yazdis are famous in making.

Anyway, that is just about all I can manage to write at the moment, I hope to be able to say more in the coming days.