Sunday, January 08, 2006

1. I for one am glad that doctors are optimistic about Ariel Sharon's chances of recovery. I think war criminals should remain alive so that they can be held accountable for their actions. Slipping away in an easy death as other war criminals praise him as a "man of peace" just doesn't seem right.

2. I totally screwed up two seemingly simple tasks this weekend:

First, I tried my hand at Indian cuisine with a basic recipe for a red Dahl curry, and despite emptying a bunch of cumin, ginger, chili, and coriander into it, the only flavor that distinctly came through was salt.

Second, I am solely responsible for the fact that Raed is now almost completely bald. I usually end up leaving these bumpy spots on his head when I cut it, so we decided to put the setting on the supposedly foolproof setting of one. Somehow I still managed to make bumpy lines in his head, so we had no choice but to shave his head on zero!

3. Can anyone give me a brief tutorial on Russian names? Let's say you are reading a dostoyevsky novel and are having trouble keeping track of the fact that every character has like 4 different titles/names, is there an easy rule for figuring out the multiple titles/names?