Sunday, September 05, 2004

Today we bought our tickets for the game that will determine if Iran qualifies for the 2006 world cup. I am super excited, but being my pessimistic self, I have a feeling that Iran will lose to Jordan. I mean, if they lost to Jordan in Iran, in front of thousands of Iranian fans, I doubt they will have any chance in Amman, where most likely we will be the only two people who have sympathy for the Iranian team.

I like the tickets for the game very much. They picture the Jordanian team and the text in Arabic says something like the "qualifying game between the Jordanian national team and our friends the Iranian national team". It's very nice of them really to call us their "friends". It's a diplomatic gesture, I know, but a nice one nonetheless.

In fact, generally speaking, if I had to choose one word to describe Jordanians, it would be this: very nice. ok, so that was two words, but you get the point.

Who know if they'll let us take cameras into the stadium, but if they do, I'll try to take some nice pictures.