Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Talk about delayed reactions. The impact of a piece of news I heard earlier today is just now hitting me, almost exactly 8 hours after it was revealed to me. Someone I respect and on whom I greatly depend on for intellectual support is going somewhere very far, and I'm feeling pretty sad about it.

My best friend, S., who is a Hindu by birth, believes in cycles of 7. It has something to do with Saturn, I think. Well, for me, I am starting to see a pattern in 3s and 4s, depending on what I use as the inaugurating events of change. So this news today, which suddenly seems to have struck me into a moementary paralysis, is an indicator of what I have known and have been in denial of for the last few months: some big change is around the corner, and I just don't know what.....