Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Before I screwed things up for myself by writing things about Iran using my full real name, I wanted my next trip to Iran to consist only of taxi rides from one end of town to the other end, just listening to people's conversations and catching glimpses of bearded taxi drivers in their rear-view mirrors.
Yes, it's true, I have a thing for the basiji look. It's peculiar and puzzling, even perverted maybe. And perhaps I will say more about this some other time.
But the point is, I don't think I will be going back to Iran anytime soon. In the meanwhile, I may have found a place to vicariously live out this fantasy (the one about driving around in a taxi as an observer, mind you, I'm not talking about fantasies centered around basiji looking dudes). Anyway, I heard about this new blog by a guy who just bought a taxi and will be blogging about his daily encounters. If you read Persian, you may want to check him out here.